Who is 4K?
4K enables anyone to bring physical assets on-chain by transforming real-world items into physically-backed NFTs. We’re building a decentralized coordination layer for the physical world — a new Web3 primitive — transforming the way physical assets can interact with the blockchain and enabling humanity to transact in trustless, permissionless, and never-before-seen ways…
Imagine a global network with thousands of nodes, each responsible for ensuring that a physical asset stored on the blockchain is legitimate, accessible, and protected. We’re building this foundational protocol along with a suite of applications that can run on top of it — starting with a marketplace for physically-backed NFTs.
Why what we’re building matters:
- We’re creating digital property rights for physical assets
- Dramatically more efficient marketplace transactions — lower fees, no managing physical inventories
- Secure and insured storage — keep your assets on-chain, not collecting dust in your house
- Collateralize and take loans against your physical assets using Decentralized Finance applications
- Bring your Physical Assets into the Metaverse, online games, and state-of-the-art Web3 applications
- Form DAOs to Acquire Physical Assets
We have backgrounds as NASA JPL engineers, DEFCON CTF winners, and Wharton & Harvard graduates. We raised $3M from several of the world's top blockchain VCs (Electric Capital, Consensus Capital, Crosscut VC, and more) and angel investors.
"Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it… Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.” ― Steve Jobs
Who are you?
Are you obsessed with blockchain technology? Are you willing to own the product end-to-end? Do you see the potential for NFTs? Are you interested in helping to show others the light? If these questions resonate with you and you are an experienced smart contract engineer, we would love to hear from you.
- Owning the EVM smart contract architecture - help to set the vision and direction for 4K’s smart contract backend.
- Drive high level decisions about our protocol architecture, incentive structures, and features.
- Work closely with full stack devs to integrate smart contracts into our dApps.
- Push high qualify and well-tested Solidity code, following the latest design and development patterns
- Write documentation and design flow diagrams
- Constantly improve yourself by keeping up to date with the latest technologies trends.
- Shape the engineering culture of the company.
Skills & Qualifications
- A track-record and proven experience as a Solidity engineer.
- Experience with Ethereum blockchain test tools (Truffle, Hard Hat, etc.)
- Deep understanding of EVM.
- Developed and deployed DeFi/NFT/Oracle-based contracts to mainnet.
- Know how to document work and make it simple for dApp team to integrate your contracts.
- Good understanding of the NFT marketplace ecosystem.
- Passion for the crypto space (new developments, tools releases, and latest features of the Solidity language).
- Experience with L2s or different EVM chains is a plus.
- Experience with Typescript/Go/React is a plus.
- Experience with non-EVM smart contracts a big plus.
What You Will Like At 4K
- You will join a world-class team that is pioneering a market where no startup has yet managed to establish itself.
- As we are still early stage and our environment is fast-paced, your impact will be direct and you will have a great contribution on the company’s success.
- We encourage open communication and have a good working environment for people to flesh out their creativity. At 4K, you can continue to learn and grow in a collaborative and iterative way of working.
Benefits of working at 4K
- Fully remote and work from home culture.
- Robust variety of project types.
- Work with exciting brands.
- Build applications at the forefront of blockchain technology.
- Visa sponsorship available
- Salary and equity benefits for this role are highly competitive and commensurate with experience. 4K is an equal opportunity employer.
- 4K is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your company contact.
4K Protocol focuses on Marketplaces, Cryptocurrency, Blockchains, Web3, and NFT. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://4k.com or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn