- Department: Infrastructure Collaboration
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm…
- Location: Remote
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
- Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
The Manager is responsible for leading the process of developing solution engineers and designs that are responsive to business needs while being consistent with overall IT architecture standards. This individual is committed to nurturing and assuring the requisite talent within the team, provides technical leadership across multiple domains, supports strategic decision making and guides project teams.
- Technical Leadership
- Manages a team of Solution Engineers to drive development of end-to-end solutions consistent with long term architectural roadmaps and standards
- Understands enterprise architecture and domain architecture IT standards that supports the business, and the key process areas supported by the IT systems
- Confirms capability and capacity of delivery teams, including service providers /vendors to meet the needs of current and forthcoming projects
- Recommends IT enterprise strategy and policy decisions for the organization to consider based on sound business and strategic rationale
- Provides guidance and advice to the leadership team to support strategic decision-making
- Facilitates resolution of issues through creative solutioning, open exchange of information and viewpoints and influence; uses negotiation skills when appropriate
- Brings appropriate individuals together to accomplish business objectives; facilitate access to critical competencies; knows who to call/involve
- Solution Design, Build and Deploy
- Ensures intellectual property from past solutions is compiled and re-used for best practices
- Retains knowledge of prior solution deployments and lessons learned to effectively recommend appropriate solutions
- Validates that corporate architectural guidelines, standards, policies (e.g., security, risk, etc.) are followed
- Facilitates discussions with Service Delivery Managers and other applicable personnel to optimize the solution while minimizing TCO of the technology portfolio
- Oversees the development of end-to-end solution processes and preparation of technical documents
- Facilitates discussion on solution options/alternatives and associated impacts
- Provides technical guidance to team members for solution ideas and provides input on developing solution delivery estimates
- Reviews and approves solution designs
- Understands methods and practices for solution development in order to support holistic technical requirements for the solution, inclusive of configuration, security, and quality with service providers/vendors
- Brokers effective communication between service providers, vendors, architects, or other stakeholders as necessary to ensure efficient and effective execution of the solution design processes
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred
- BS in Computer science, engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 3+ years of experience in deploying technical solutions in a large-scale complex environment
- 1+ years of experience in managing a technical team is preferred
- Previous experience with overseeing managed service providers for building and deploying technical solutions, and managing successfully to outcomes is preferred
- Possess breadth of knowledge and experience in multiple domains of information systems (e.g., servers, storage, database, middleware, application technologies, networking, security, collaboration technology)
- Healthcare provider industry experience is preferred
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.