The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence… and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Code: 70009625
Allstate is seeking a passionate leader in their Quality Engineering Flight organization. Flight continuously improves software quality for Allstate and is our identity for testing and release management. The role of the Quality Engineering Associate Manager is to lead the Allstate Quality Engineering organization’s Life and Investments migrations teams.
Your role through a combination of technical knowledge and leadership skills will be to ensure quality is built in for all capabilities and data migration from Allstate to the new buyers so that it is seamless, on demand and automated.
The ideal person will have working knowledge of test automation in medium to complex environments, be passionate about delivering quality products and confident in working with technical leaders, developers and architects as well as demonstrating and valuing emergent leadership.
- Influencing best practice across the wider product teams
- Building and leading team members across geographies
- Ensuring utilization of industry test techniques, tools, and methodology to provide ‘Best in Class’ testing services
- Leading E2E test activities for the Life Technology Services Migration work tracks:
- Decompose Capabilities and Features to be able to write effective user journey end to end test scenarios.
- Partner with PMs, POs, and Technical leaders on work track to drive prioritization of work
- Lead a team of test engineers to create tests based on acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for medium to high complexity projects
- Provide consultation on the most complex testing strategies
- Ensure software quality via continuous testing approach
- Provide oversight on the test infrastructure
- Create, consult and maintain an environment to meet migration track demands
- Consult and provide direction on test environment issues, act as SME for external environment team communications
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
- Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality
- Builds long-term relationships within team by creating an environment of safety and innovation
- Champions open and transparent communication
- Respect’s confidentiality
- Leads with integrity
- Welcomes new ideas, learns from successes and failures
- Creates an environment of accountability amongst themselves and direct reports
- Sets clear performance objectives for self and staff allowing freedom to accomplish objectives
- Collects staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, and constructive performance feedback.
- Leads employees through change by using yourself as an example.
General Management & Decision Making
- Executes team strategy so as to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals. Communicates strategy to the team so they achieve established goals.
- Manages day to day work of employees by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope and facilitating project delivery and support for projects of critical importance.
- Makes decisions that are largely operational in nature, implementing policies and processes within the team. Makes decisions that may have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities at the team level.
- Generates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Analyses long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to Allstate business and functional strategy.
Business Partner Management
- Influences direct reports, clients and service providers to deliver on business commitments.
- Sets and manages internal business partner expectations.
- Participates in communications that involve obtaining cooperation on issues that may be complex or controversial.
This job does have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of quality engineering and testing services
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- 3+ years of management experience; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience performing various testing types in technology or similar organizations
- 3+ years of experience leading and overseeing quality assurance work
- 3+ years of experience with Test Automation for web-based, SOA, and client server-based products
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps and CI/CD delivery methodology, technologies and tools.
- Be able to demonstrate:
- the establishment and maintenance of product KPIs
- successful implementation of test automation in a medium to complex environment with medium to complex Data dependencies
- the ability to inspire and enthuse a team
- understanding of testing practices such as TDD, BDD and applicability to different situations
- understanding of different types and levels of testing, including services, UI and performance testing
- ability to partner with peers to deliver successful products
- ability to interpret and absorb large amounts of information quickly
- ability to make technical topics seem simple creating a coherent and easily absorbed narrative
- strong working knowledge of Agile SCRUM methodology and testing’s role within it
- Experience with open-source test automation tools in JAVA, i.e., Selenium, Appium and SOAP UI/Rest Assured
- Experience with SCM tools like Bitbucket, GitHub
- Experience with Continuous Integrations tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with HP ALM, Jira, Zephyr or other agile tools
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $80,500.00-$134,800.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment