As a Barclays C# Developer, you will work closely with the business as this role is located on the trading floor next to the risk managers. Within this role, you will analyze requirements and develop robust solutions by consolidating user issues and developing system enhancements related to Global Market Risk initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills whilst providing… up to date information and status reports on various projects.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Developing software tools and applications for Market Risk
- Gathering market risk requirements and turning them into technical solutions for Risk Managers
- Working in a fast pace environment, sitting directly on the trading floor
- Communicating clearly with different Risk Management teams and effectively managing stakeholder expectations
- Liaising with different stakeholders in order to provide information, coordination, and/or status reports on various projects What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or higher (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or equivalent)
- In depth C# experience including both client and server
- Excellent SQL (T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2012 or higher) skills
- Experience working on Python/Scala projects Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience in developing technical solutions to business requirements in a Risk/Finance environment
- Experience with WPF and ASP.Net
- Hands-on experience with Advanced VBA/excel
- Knowledge of MongoDB is a plus Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you'll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.-
- Private pension
- Flexible working
- Flexible benefits package
- Prescreen with sourcer
- Candidate apply to position
- Manager review resume
- 1st and 2nd round team interviewsC#, Python, SQL, .NETC#, Python, ASP.NET, SQL