This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and Cloud technologies to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
The BootStack team designs, builds, and operates modern distributed systems on private infrastructure for customers. From Kubernetes to OpenStack and everything in-between, you’ll be working with the latest technology in a fast-paced engineering environment. As a OpenStack Engineering Manager for the BootStack team, you will be responsible for managing the engineers that oversee day-to-day Managed Service of customer environments, including customer service management, managed services operations and consistent product improvement engineering. Collaboration with customers, product engineering, and operations is critical to success.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Manage a growing engineering team to optimise the quality and velocity of both development and operations
- Identify and measure team health indicators
- Implement disciplined engineering and operations processes
- Represent the BootStack team with respect to stakeholders, customers, and external teams
- Ensure proper team focus on priorities, milestones, and deliverables
- Work to meet service level agreements with customer deployments around the globe
- Deliver quality managed services in a consistent, timely manner
The successful Engineering Manager candidate will have:
- Bachelors (or equivalent) education in a technology field
- Proven track record of professional experience of either software delivery using Python, Go, C, C++, Java, or similar and/or managing operations teams
- Proven experience with OpenStack
- Demonstrated strong commitment to testing methodologies and maintainable code quality
- Experience with Linux system administration, Ubuntu/Debian a plus
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in and managing distributed teams
- Technical aptitude for understanding complex distributed systems
- Experience with cloud topologies and technologies
- Travel to team and company events and customer meetings, roughly 20% or less
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- 100% work-from-home
- Learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.