United States (100% Remote…
$60,000/yr. - $70,000/yr. – Full Time
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
If you’re interested in working on a team that values improving our community, perpetually enhancing your skills, and making great things (all while working with local, regional, and national clients), then we could be a perfect fit for you.
Do you love to figure out what’s not working and find ways to make it better next time? Are you comfortable joining a highly collaborative team that works in-office and/or remotely? Let's get to know each other a little better.
Our client is a full-service digital agency producing award-winning, community-enhancing, national-brand-showcasing, best-in-the-region strategy, research, websites, and digital marketing campaigns.
At a more fundamental level, they are a team of 14 critical thinkers who are obsessed with producing great work. Work that makes people feel differently about how beautiful and functional websites can be. Work that helps their clients serve their communities, tell their stories, and achieve their goals. And work that pushes us to challenge ourselves, refine our skills, and get better each and every day.What will you do as a web developer?You’ll collaborate with our designers, writers, account managers, and clients to define objectives, set goals, and turn ideas into living, breathing websites backed by a CMS. We’ve got a thing for Craft CMS, and we’re a Craft CMS Enterprise Partner. We’re also fans of Shopify for ecommerce.
You’ll test your own work because the quality of the end product depends on you! You’ll always be looking for ways to improve—in both your technical prowess and the whole company's ability to produce quality work.
Purpose The purpose of this role is to develop, test, and maintain projects in collaboration with other team members.
The Engineer is primarily responsible for:
- building new sites and applications within the tech stacks approved by the Director of Engineering.
- implementing maintenance and feature additions to existing sites and applications.
- properly testing their work across all approved devices according to the requirements of the project.
- estimating time for their work and working with other team members to schedule projects.
- collaborating with the Design Team to successfully implement visual design into front-end and responsive/mobile-first elements of projects.
Secondary Responsibilities In addition to the Engineer’s primary responsibilities, this role is also responsible for:
- ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- communicating technical problems to non-technical team members and clients.
- actively improving his or her skillset.
- alerting managers and teammates immediately with concerns that affect budgets and/or deadlines.
- deploying changes as needed.
- contributing to internal goals as required by annual and quarterly reviews.
- 3+ years of web development experience.
- You can build a site from front-to-back as the sole developer. The development team has your back to bounce ideas off of, but most projects are yours to foster.
- You've built and maintained user interfaces based on research and rationale, with a quality that people can feel.
- You’re capable of interacting with new technologies quickly and efficiently, and you’re willing to use the right technology to find the right solution.
- You understand that the things you build need to solve our clients’ problems while also balancing our business needs (e.g. being efficient, on-time, and within budget).