The Vector team builds and maintains the open-source Vector project - a high-performance observability streaming data pipeline. Vector powers Datadog’s On-Prem Observability Pipelines product and is the backbone of many company’s observability strategy, processing billions of logs, metrics, and traces per day…
Performance and reliability are cornerstones of the Vector project and we are looking for a new member of the core team to ensure Vector continues to lead in these areas. As a core team member you’ll be responsible for owning critical parts of the code base, collaborating with a stellar team and shipping features to thousands of customers around the world. Domains such as the architecture, data model, and module interfaces fall under the core team’s responsibility and benefit heavily from experienced, pragmatic, systems-level engineering. In addition, you’ll be surrounded by other world-class engineers with deep expertise in systems-level programming, a ripe environment for growing as an engineer.
- You have at least 5 years of experience with systems-level programming.
- You have extensive experience with performance oriented systems.
- You generally understand observability data types, such as log and metrics.
- You value a pragmatic, data-driven approach to performance engineering.
- You are a proficient written communicator, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts across a team.
- You have direct experience with Rust and the Tokio ecosystem.
- You have experience observability data structures such as logs, metrics, or traces.
- You were heavily involved in observability strategy at a previous company.
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $130,000 - $300,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan