DIMO enables thousands of vehicle owners and operators to collect, use, and monetize the data their vehicles generate. We're building an open developer platform to transform the massive vehicle data and connected car market, and bootstrapping the supply and demand side with the $DIMO token.
Our core team is made up of experienced IoT, automotive, mobility, and web3 engineers, designeers, and… operators, and we are committed to building a distributed organization.
What you will be doing:
- Developing APIs and Data Storage solutions on S3 and IPFS
- Writing reusable code and libraries to help the team expand
- Enhancing application for scalability and performance
- Bridging the gap between requirements and technical implementation
- Working closely with the leadership team on the product direction
We're looking for someone who has:
- Passion about what decentralization technology can offer to humanity
- Insatiable curiosity of the industry and self-motivation to pursue researching every new idea that floats across the industry
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- Experience in Golang/Rust and writing performant, memory efficient code
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and Docker orchestration systems
- Proficency in cloud native platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) and cloud agnostic implementations
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Strong experience with software delivery and taking a set of requirements towards full implementation with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with the team and internal/external organizations
- Proficiency in code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience in agile software development
- Familiarity with Web3js
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
It'd be nice to find someone who also has:
- Experience with IPFS, Ceramic, Digital Identity
- Knowledge and experience in heavily distributed systems
- Work experience in Mobility/IoT space
- Ability to explain abstract technical concepts in an easy to understand manner
Life @ DIMO:
We are a global, remote-friendly company. For those local to Detroit or New York, we have in-person office space for you to pull up a chair and work IRL. Team members can expect quarterly in-person events once individuals feel comfortable traveling again.
You will thrive here if you are driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Alignment with our core values is very important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. We succeed as a team when we embrace individual differences. DIMO is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Have a question? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIMO focuses on Robotics, Marketplaces, Transportation, Logistics, and Internet of Things. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boston, Detroit, and Providence. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, DIMO has raised $9M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2022.
You can view their website at https://dimo.zone/ or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn