The Platform Engineering Team is seeking an Engineering Manager based in Princeton, who'll be responsible for the overall design, development, integration, support and maintenance of Dow Jones products , ensure that they adhere to established policies, procedures and guidelines; monitor systems performance; and provide direct supervision of engineering staff…
- Manage and mentor a highly skilled, talented team of Software Engineers
- Lead technical discussions and drive effective technical decisions covering their area of responsibility
- Understand and practice BDD, Agile software development and management
- Partner effectively with stakeholders to manage scope and deliverables
- Design, develop & support front-end web using latest libraries and frameworks, ReSTful APIs adhering to our SDLC best practices and guidelines.
- Builds and executes rigorous load, stress and performance tests prior to deploying software
- 5+ years of design, development, and deployment of application software
- 7+ years of team management experience
- Skilled & proficient in the development of applications using C#, React, Angular
- Skilled & proficient in the development of full stack applications which includes web sites & APIs using technologies such as nginx, IIS, apache, etc.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins
- Experience with designing and deploying applications in a cloud-based environment.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as SQL Server, DynamoDB, etc.
- Expert knowledge of XML & JSON
- Demonstrate solid working knowledge of any mainstream object-oriented programming language, ideally C#
- Experience in logging, monitoring & alerting of applications
- Experience in Continuous Integration & Delivery of applications
- Familiar with Test Automation
- Managing performance metrics of the applications
- Excellent verbal & written skills to interact with peers, business partners & customers
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and determine resource requirements
- Experience in managing IT projects and coordinating activities of project teams
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 34387