Responsible for working with all department managers to develop site capital plan, including management, design, costing, RFE preparation, construction, start up, and optimization. The Engineering Manager is also responsible for supporting any major maintenance expense projects and contributes to the overall site strategy. Provides engineering and processing expertise to other… site personnel monitors energy utilization, and is the process owner for the site infrastructure including the ammonia system, waste water system, power distribution, steam generation, and electrical controls. Also expected to contribute to projects that improve safety, reduce costs, improve SIS, and minimizes regulatory risk.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in Continuous improvement processes for equipment reliability. Including: PM improvement activities, root cause problem solving, real time downtime analysis, throughput improvement, error proofing.
- Coordinate all aspects of Capital management including preparation of RFE's, obtain quotes, and estimates of project costs and completion. Responsible to manage projects to budget of approved RFE. Utilize in-plant personnel and outside contractors for installation and completion of capital projects.
- Implement energy and utility improvements through data acquisition and analysis of energy and waste streams. Evaluate processes to continuously reduce consumption.
- Responsible for maintaining OSHA compliancy with all regulatory requirements and mandates from Corporate. Duties include planning and scheduling all required and necessary safety training. . Examples, but not limited to; Hazardous release, Hot Work, Confined Space, SPCC, & NFPA 70E arc flash and lock out/tag out program. Filing and archiving all training documents, for OSHA visits and other Audits.
- Responsible for DEP/EPA form filing. 25R, 26R, 330, 330 GM, Tier II forms, Form R and other documents. Responsible for updating permit activity such as : Storm Water, Air Quality, Wastewater permits. Staying current with new Safety/Environmental mandates and/our laws, including any posted information that's required. Maintain compliance on SWPPP(storm water pollution prevention plan) Remain current with SPCC (spill prevention control countermeasures).
- Investigate and lead all investigations of near misses and accidents in the facility.
- Responsible for Food Safety, by following & assuring compliance and implementation of all company policies including Safety & HR policies, procedures, all applicable food regulations, including all current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain and update all drawings of the facility and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ plus years experience in a manufacturing industry other related field.
- Project management experience.
- Budgetary & planning experience.
- Change management experience.
- Food or beverage manufacturing a huge plus.
- TPM AM pillar experience highly preferred.
- Controls experience (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.) desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must understand process operations and be able to identify processing and mechanical inefficiencies.
- Must have a background including waster water management, safety, as well as ammonia refrigeration experiences.
- Ability to work with plant management personnel, outside vendors and suppliers to identify, install, start-up an optimize process improvements and facility improvements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Project.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law