Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reporting To: Director of Engineering
About the Role
We're looking for experienced engineering managers with outstanding technical and people management skills to manage a team of highly talented software engineers.
Your day-to-day work will include unblocking your team, prioritization of work, working on longer-term goals, and mentorship. You will work closely with other engineering leaders to shape the future of the engineering org.
You are responsible for leading one or more engineering teams to deliver high-quality, impactful projects on time with thoughtful software development planning.
- Manage, mentor, and grow software engineers by giving practical feedback while keeping them engaged and focused on the team and company goals
- Partner with peers in Product Management and User Experience to craft team's vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Facilitate architecture and technical decision making
- Refine and improve engineering processes and standards to ship fast and often
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to your team and across engineering
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 6+ years of hands-on professional software development experience
- 2+ years of engineering management or technical leadership experience
- You have a strong sense for project management and prioritization
- You are passionate about mentoring junior engineers, engaging senior engineers, building scalable systems
- You are a strong problem solver and have solid technical and debugging skills
- You are widely respected for your technical excellence
- Bonus: familiarity with common patterns and modern tools for building cloud-native web services
SupplyPike Culture (more here)
SupplyPike is Great Place To Work™ certified and is recognized as Arkansas’ Best Places To Work. We pride ourselves on creating an open, transparent, and collaborative work environment. The SupplyPike company pillars are:
- Intellectual Curiosity: We advocate for our employees to explore new concepts, enhance their knowledge, and better themselves.
- Collaboration: We encourage cross-team collaboration and interdisciplinary skills.
- Lean & Agile: We embrace the concept of fast iterative development.
- Intellectual Integrity: Our work culture is all about ownership and agency where we can reflect upon mistakes and learn from them.
- Empathy: We strive for a welcoming and considerate environment where we take a “no blame” approach.
- Play: We set aside time for social clubs, events, team outings, and lunches