Our client is looking for an experienced developer and analyst that supports their Transportation and Ticketing business area. This position is primarily responsible for developing and supporting applications for the movement of crude oil and refined products by the Client’s transportation fleet, interfacing with the centralized ticket repository, reconciling unloading station… inventory, and tank strappings.
Applications include a combination of commercial third-party systems for transportation management for client’s fleet, and proprietary interface apps developed in-house. The Senior Specialist will work with business teams to understand the crude transportation and ticketing business, and develop requirements for changes to existing code, and developing new projects. Oil and gas experience a plus.
Title: Lead C#.NET Application Developer
Location: Downtown Houston, TX – onsite
Industry: Oil & Gas
No C2C / No Sponsorship
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementation of new vendor transportation system for Crude Oil Trucking Fleet. System includes management for truck drivers and fleet, dispatch scheduling, product hauling, ticket flow from truck mobile tablets to Welltrax system, truck driver payroll, interfaces for central ticket repository, customer web portal and data exchange.
- Develop interfaces for data exchange between transportation and ticketing systems. Applications may be either Windows or Web-based. Experience with Web API, T-SQL, SSRS, C#, .NET Core is required.
- Develop SSRS reports using Welltrax Analytics Tools. Assist in developing Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Develop and support web-based applications to create new functionality around existing systems. Most projects are object-oriented programming. Candidate should be well-grounded in OOP methodology.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, DBs and query optimization. Extensive troubleshooting skills required.
- Applicant must demonstrate proficiency and aptitude in technical and development areas. Show ability to handle complex technical problems with confidence. Good ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/written). Enjoy working as a team, and as individual. Positive attitude that promotes good work relationships. Quick learner and excited about investigating issues and solving business problems.
- Must adhere to good programming practices and strict testing standards. Must be able to manage small to medium projects and work effectively with team members and customers.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment, with extensive interaction with operations and field personnel, and some management.
- Work hours will include “on call” support including some night and weekend hours. Team members rotate weeks or volunteer. After hours support include urgent emergency incidents, and planned (server patches, reboots, etc.).
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or IT business-related field
- 5 - 8 years in application development preferred
- 1-2 years in Systems planning – understanding the life cycle, being able to identify and prioritize those technologies and applications that will return the most value to the business.
- 1-3 years with oil and gas systems preferred
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework, .NET Framework, Web API, WPF, WinForms, MS SQL, SSRS.
Following experience is a plus: Xamarin, Telerik Controls, Power BI Reporting, Backend appl development.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document