Field Aerospace has been providing specialized services to the international aerospace industry for over 70 years. We’re one of the oldest, most knowledgeable and most experienced aircraft companies in North America serving private and public sector clients since 1947. We have over 500 employees across 4 North American locations. Our corporate office is in Cincinnati, Ohio and our engineering and… manufacturing locations are based in Oklahoma City, Toronto, and Calgary. As a market innovator, we're committed to constantly meeting new requirements and technological opportunities by always adapting to embrace the dramatic changes the world of aviation has undergone. We’re looking for a Manager, Mechanical Engineering to take flight with us. This position will be on-site based out of our Oklahoma City, Oklahoma location, reporting to the Director of Engineering.
Manager, Mechanical Engineering
The Manager, Mechanical Engineering manages the work associated with mechanical engineering functions of an organization including, but not limited to, development and review of requirements, technical information, airframe production installation/fabrication drawings, engineering instructions, and production guidance materials.
Essential Job Functions
- Leverages aircraft modification experience to oversee the research, design, testing, and production of mechanical and structural products and systems that meet requirements of customer Statement of Work.
- Manages all assigned employees and demonstrates responsibility for the evaluation, performance management, and hiring of assigned employees. Manages technical capabilities, including resources (engineers and drafters), processes, and tools of the Mechanical Engineering Department. Assists employees with career development including training, career path dialogues, and performance reviews.
- Prepares recurring and non-recurring engineering cost estimates while ensuring cost containment to meet budget guidelines. Tracks design progress while managing project deliverables and schedules. Provides insight on department performance needs and project status to Engineering Director.
- Directs project development and technical working groups while delegating assignments to subordinate employees.
- Coordinates with engineering, program, manufacturing, business development, and production departments on special projects, proposals, statements of work, and workscope and labor estimations.
- Prepares and/or provides critical review for program delivery, internal and external design reviews, design feasibility studies and reports, FAA and military airworthiness documents, weight and balance reports, stress and thermal analysis reports, modification instructions, and detail / assembly / installation drawings.
- Minimum of six (6) years aerospace engineering or design experience.
- Proficient with MS Office, 3D CAD modeling and drafting software (SOLIDWORKS preferred), and FEA (NASTRAN or AutoCAD preferred).
- B.S. Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering Degree;
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Management preferred.
Field Aerospace offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and short-term and long-term disability insurance, company paid life insurance, 401(k), health savings and flexible spending accounts, generous vacation and paid holidays.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, stand and sit most of the time. The employee is periodically required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb/ascend ladders using feet and legs to balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled