About The Opportunity
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. User-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart in the world of online food ordering. Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're… looking for a place that values relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–then Grubhub is the place for you.
Grubhub Corporate Engineering is looking for an Engineering Manager to help us build the suite of internet-scaled products used to bring best-in-class food ordering and delivery experiences to our corporate customers, adapted to today's hybrid work environments. We obsess over the customer experience and work to reduce the number of hurdles of coordinating this for our customers feeding thousands of their people. You will report to the Director of Engineering, Corporate.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead a multi-discipline (Java, web, iOS, Android) team of senior and junior engineers tasked with delivering performant, flexible, and scalable features to Grubhub restaurants.
- Create a meaningful vision for the team, working together with product managers and other multi-location technology teams.
- Work with product and business leaders to identify your roadmap and build deliverables.
- Run your team's Agile ceremonies. Positively influence the planning, refinement, and execution of your team's goals in a rapid development environment.
What You Bring To The Table
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field.
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications
- 3+ years experience managing a team of Engineers and providing mentorship and career progression and planning in a formal setting
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Experience developing distributed systems and cloud computing services such as AWS
New York Salary Range: $176,000 -$242,000
The Base Pay component of our Total Rewards package is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to: job responsibilities, location, experience and, education/certifications. In addition to the pay component, this role may be eligible for equity and benefits as part of the Total Rewards package. The Total Rewards package will be determined at the time a contingent offer is made.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Compensation. You'll receive a great compensation package with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission, or RSUs (role-specific).
- Free Meals. Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Social Impact. We believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund, and provide our employees opportunities to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need an accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org