Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a Full time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other… marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works ’for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- SALARY: $110,000 ’$160,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
THE OPPORTUNITY Requirements
- Extensive experience developing .NET-based scalable web and network applications and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Extensive experience in C# and preferably C+. VB6 experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with Agile SDLC processes like SAFe/Scrum and fast delivery cycles.
- Experience with SCM tools like SVN, ADO and GitHub utilizing version control and pull requests.
- Deep experience with socket & async communication, Message Bus, REST API, SOA, microservices and scalable event-based and pub/sub architectures.
- Strong background in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and present design ideas.
- Experience with VB6 to C# conversion is highly desirable.
- Experience with developing APIs and applications for IOTs is a strong plus.
- Experience with Front End frameworks like React is a strong plus.
- Experience with Jira is a strong plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and/or relevant experience What you’ll be working on
As our Software Engineer, you will be part of Identiv’s flag-ship Velocity physical access control software team. The Velocity software ecosystem consists of Velocity desktop and web applications and several server components, either on-premise or in the cloud. You will play a crucial role in modernizing code base into efficient and testable software allowing the product to operate at scale. You will be involved in the full software lifecycle including planning, refining, coding, testing, peer reviews and DevOps. You bring expertise in .NET/C# based API and Cloud development using scalable SOA architecture, systems thinking, and understanding and power of incremental delivery via agile processes.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Actively participate and contribute positively in team activities like sprint planning, backlog refinement, system demos, architecture/design sessions, and retrospectives.
Follow and contribute positively to coding standards, definition of ready/done and tooling/testing infrastructure.
Implement various coding tasks following best practices in software engineering doing refactoring where possible and writing secure, efficient & testable code.
Responsible for writing unit, behavior and/or integration tests ensuring good code coverage and high quality.
Participate in code reviews, documentation, tooling, QA, and testing activities.
Periodically review escalations/issues, duplicate the issues and conduct root cause analysis.
Discuss/design components, design patterns and mentor/engage other engineers in the design discussions.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status