We're looking for programmers that have experience in Rust, and also exposure to distributed systems or columnar databases (the internals). We're adding to our team building InfluxDB IOx, the future open source foundation of InfluxDB. InfluxDB IOx is a fast, columnar, distributed, time series database backed with tiered storage, written from the ground up in Rust. We use and contribute to open… source projects such as Apache Arrow, Arrow Flight, and DataFusion.
Our team is 100% remote now and in the future. We are committed to open source (for example, we have made over 600 commits to Data Fusion).
We're looking for someone to work initially on the low latency write path. Experience of designing and building cloud based, stateful, distributed systems which are fault tolerant and massively scalable is essential. The database will run in all the major clouds as well as on-prem. In this role you will work closely with world leading Rust developers to expand the existing systems and improve reliability, speed and scalability.
If you're interested in working on the future of InfluxDB's database or in building a scalable, elastic operational layer on top of Kubernetes, please apply. If you are excited about the chance to expand your Rust knowledge and learn from some of the best in the industry, this role will give you that opportunity. At least mid-level Rust knowledge is a requirement for this role, but you will be able to learn on the job.
Being part of an on-call rotation is a requirement of this role.
What you'll be doing
- Writing high performance Rust code for a vectorized in-memory columnar store
- Contributing to low latency ingest path
- Building a horizontally & dynamically scalable platform that handles large volumes of data
- Playing an active part of the design process and development direction of the platform
- Writing detailed design documents and documentation for other programmers for the above
What you bring to the table
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Strong understanding of concurrent programming
- Years of Rust experience
- Experience building a distributed system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work asynchronously with a remote team around the world
- Building stateful distributed systems or columnar databases
- Building applications in Kubernetes
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Systems programming experience
- Pay Transparency at InfluxData
InfluxData takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The offered starting salary will be determined based on the candidate’s job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. Ranges are evaluated on a periodic basis and are subject to change at the Company’s discretion.
Zone 1 Range: $113,900 $162,300 $210,700
Zone 2 Range: $136,800 $194,900 $253,100
To find a location’s zone designation or for additional information, please speak to your recruiter.
In addition to a competitive base salary, InfluxData offers comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible paid time off, home office or co-working reimbursements, and participation in InfluxData’s equity program (where applicable).
We offer fantastic benefits for full time employees; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ….and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To view our EEO is the Law Poster click HERE
If you need extra accommodations for the interview process, then please reach out to the recruiting team by emailing email@example.com.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place