Want to be part of a team that enables amazing computing experiences with software and shape the way people think about computing? In this role you will get your hands on new technology and collaborate with some of the smartest people in the business. Our engineers work across the entire software stack, across multiple operating systems and platforms to enable cutting-edge… solutions. In this role you will have an opportunity to work with container technologies and meet the growing demand for Containers as a Service across IT and Intel. We are looking for individuals who are ready to put their skills to test, take on the challenging yet fulfilling endeavor and collaborate as a team. You will be part of dedicated software team who will be responsible for designing a scalable, secure, high performance core service layer, integrating it with the cloud orchestration and monitoring, authoring the code and automating the deployment (CI/CD).
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Own end to end development, maintain and manage the codebase
- Participate in code reviews, setting up the development standards and practices
- Make high level design choices focused on manageability, scalability, resiliency, and security
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of design and development experience for large scale distributed systems/cloud core services using Go language
- Expertise in Web Services protocols such as REST, gRPC and API design for extensibility and portability
- Strong foundation on application software and system software concepts
- Strong foundation with Linux operating system
- Strong experience and working knowledge in Kubernetes
- Strong scripting skills e.g., Python, Shell, Ruby, Perl, other.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude and desire to learn and innovate.
- Knowledge of Cloud Environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, etc
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies e.g. VMWare, KVM, VirtualBox.
- Basic knowledge of SQL Databases, e.g. MySQL and PostgreSQL
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
golang #kubernetes #scripting #cloud #virtualization
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.Other Locations
CR,H,San Jose;US,CA,Folsom;US,AZ,VirtualCovid Statement
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.Benefits
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlAnnual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado, New York, Washington, California: $156,450.00-$234,770.00
- Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experienceWorking Model
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs