Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. Here you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As a Manager of Production Engineering, you will inspire, develop, coordinate, support, and lead a team of Production Engineers supporting both manufacturing and supply chain. You will be responsible for leveraging design for manufacturability and continuous improvement to deliver space-grade avionics, structures, and propulsion hardware at high rate and low cost, without ever compromising personnel safety or product reliability. You will serve as the advocate for your team and the technical subject matter expert for the greater production and supply chain organization to ensure that they have the resources they need to succeed. You will develop and sustain a vision for growth and development of both the members of your team and the capabilities of the manufacturing and supply chain department. A successful candidate for this role will demonstrate integrity, intellectual curiosity, empathy, technical capability, and a strong motivation to support their team.
This position's internal job code is Production Engineering Manager. Our team is currently hiring for a level K.
- Serve as the primary point of support for the Production Engineering team
- Provide mentorship and guidance to each member of the team via both frequent 1:1s and formal performance review periods
- Establish career development plans and foster individual growth to unlock each member's maximum potential and facilitate their desired career trajectory
- Advocate for the team and cultivate an environment where they can be successful
- Manage communication within the team by providing context/rationale for higher level decisions
- Develop cross-training initiatives, staffing plans, and a robust recruiting pipeline to support the growing needs of the business
- Act as the liaison between design engineering, programs, manufacturing, and supply chain
- Establish and increase the efficiency of business processes to maximize output, limit burden, and enable products to rapidly transition from engineering development to high rate production
- Leverage cross-functional relationships to help identify improvement opportunities, align on priorities, and execute initiatives to reduce lead time, labor hours, etc. both within internal and external manufacturing processes
- Identify, implement, and qualify manufacturing equipment and processes in support of high reliability production that enables our throughput targets
- Leverage data to establish, monitor, and improve manufacturing and supply chain metrics enveloping safety, quality, delivery, and cost
- Troubleshoot and identify ultimate root cause of issues in manufacturing and supply chain processes, then implement permanent corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Enable manufacturing and supply chain autonomy by challenging requirements, simplifying work processes, and automating actions
- Partner with peer engineering teams to implement design changes in response to manufacturing and supply chain issues, customer challenges, new vehicle architectures, and departmental standardization initiatives
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert for training requirements and capability expansion throughout manufacturing and supply chain
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start is required
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years in manufacturing and/or supply chain
- 3+ years in engineering
- 1+ years of experience leading a team of engineers
- Experience with CAD software (Solidworks/Altium preferred)
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- 5+ years in manufacturing and/or supply chain
- 5+ years in engineering
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to management
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate, visualize, and analyze data to make informed decisions (i.e. SQL, Excel, PowerBI, etc.)
- Familiarity with PCBA manufacturing, electromechanical assembly, propulsion production, mechanisms fabrication, or structures build
- Demonstrated ability to scale manufacturing rate capability
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
- Level K: $138,550 - $203,750
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria