JOB TITLE: Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Lead and supervise Manufacturing Engineering Team at our Coleman site in Wichita, KS. Responsible for the day-to-day management of all engineering activities and successful completion of short and long term projects including factory layout optimization, new product introduction, continuous improvement, capital investment, VAVE etc. This role has a significant impact on manufacturing operations and requires an in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes, economics of business and business functions.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and coordinate resources to complete engineering tasks/projects on time.
- Support, guide and mentor team members to drive engagement and improve business results through continuous improvement, productivity, VAVE, waste reduction activities.
- Manage process changes along with required infrastructure upgrades and/or relocation of assets.
- Review new product design early in the development phase and incorporate design for manufacturing (DFM) based on process and equipment capabilities.
- Utilize project management processes and tools for tracking of projects.
- Ensure all processes and capital improvements meet and exceed internal safety requirements, along with local and national codes.
- Recommend, plan and direct installation of new equipment/tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers and departments.
- Prepare and deliver engineering-related presentations as required.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Master’s in engineering management is preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial engineering role.
- Prior experience leading and motivating a team.
- Background in plastics molding is a plus, such as injection molding, blow molding, vacuum forming, and sheet extrusion.
- Experience in mold design involving material flow analysis and processing parameters to meet quality and cycle time requirements.
- Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within a team environment.
��� Must demonstrate leadership skills and self-starting ability.
- Lean / Six-Sigma certification is a plus.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer's, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands' beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply