At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future of our planet. We put our purpose into practice, inspiring people to move, improve and enjoy life’s essential resources for happier, healthier lives. From our residential and business water solutions to our sustainable innovations and applications, our 11,250 global employees serve… customers in more than 150 countries, working to help improve lives and the environment around the world.
As a Pentair employee, you would enjoy a wide array of benefit options to help keep you and your family healthy and protected, a generous 401(k) and ESPP to help you save for retirement, plus paid time off and wellness programs to encourage a healthy work/life balance. The salary range for this role is $105,100- $195,000.
We have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our Moorpark, CA team. You will be responsible for the Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance functions and their related activities. The ME Manager coordinates manufacturing engineers, maintenance managers and technicians to develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing/maintenance processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods, and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Includes equipment installation, preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance The functions include but are not limited to project management, maintenance.
- Coordinates the efforts required to optimize the manufacturing process with an emphasis on functionality and cost efficiency through equipment modification, new equipment, plant layout, and/or other implementations.
- Manages and forecasts space needs, improving space utilization and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency, safety and/or workflow.
- Consults with internal and external stakeholders on all projects involving the design, development, installation, and repair of manufacturing equipment and is responsible for the results.
- Responsible for emergency management, security, and parking
- Directs activities of the Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance staff.
- Supervises tooling operations, ensuring all work is performed accurately and according to quality and safety standards.
- Makes recommendations about scheduled downtime of equipment that will impact the production schedule.
- Provides guidance and oversight in development and execution of plant renovations and expansions, coordinates outside contractors and vendors.
- Generates and tracks budgets, monitors expenses, labor costs, and assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, required. Major in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing required.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience required
- Training and demonstration of concepts of Lean Manufacturing, preferred.
- Solid understanding of key business and financial fundamentals.
- Must have knowledge of PM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience with all maintenance activities to include motors, PLC’s, controls and programming, pneumatics and hydraulics utilizing preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance actions.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment, tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in uptime improvements, scrap reduction processes and ownership of area from a process delivery standpoint.
- Thorough understanding of plant engineering, industrial engineering, and tooling.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory