Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer Senior for our San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment
The candidate selected for this position will work with the Sensitive Data Management Platform team within USAA's Enterprise Data Office. The work involves implementing the latest technology to support Enterprise sensitive data discovery and classification and collaborating cross-functionally with business teams and other Enterprise platforms/product lines to help automate and orchestrate sensitive data management capabilities across the Enterprise. In this position you will support the development and delivery of platform features and initiatives, and you will engage in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, improving availability, resiliency and overall health of the Sensitive Data Management platform.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions across many technologies to tie together existing systems and tools.
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system technical problems and production issues by directing troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and maintenance of systems; Review teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand, identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solution
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s).
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Strong understanding of the complete software development lifecycle for complex distributed systems from requirements gathering to production operations and automation/orchestration.
- 4+ years of experience with Python, currently collaborating as a hands-on team member developing and supporting a development project in Python is required.
- Windows PowerShell experience is a plus.
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience with REST frameworks, API designing and integration.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, strong understanding of classic relational databases. Demonstrated ability to perform operations on large datasets (hundreds of millions of rows) including automated verification and validation.
- Familiarity with Kafka and Hadoop environments desired.
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP and/or Azure, as well as next-gen RDBMS (e.g. RDS, Aurora, BigQuery) is a plus.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $106,800 - $192,300*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position