About the Role
CrowdStrike is growing the Mac Endpoint Sensor Development team within the EndPoint Protection group, which focuses on security related endpoint development on the Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms…
The Endpoint Protection group plays a central role in fulfilling CrowdStrike's mission to Stop Breaches . Within the Endpoint Protection Product team, we implement features and develop capabilities to help customers to protect their endpoint devices. Our goal is to enable the sensor to autonomously identify and stop the bad guys where possible, and to provide useful visibility and guidance to security analysts when new previously unknown adversary activity occurs.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for the team that delivers new security features on macOS. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a track record of hiring and retaining a team that delivers great software. As an Engineering Manager you will take an active role in project discussions, triage of incoming customer issues, release meetings, and planning activities for the team. You will help define the team's strategic direction while building relationships with key stakeholders across the company to help drive collaboration and align priorities. You will be responsible for brainstorming and contributing to the roadmap for the team, keeping the team on track with their deliverables, and getting deep into the technical details when necessary.
The engineers you will manage will own the research, design, and development of customer facing product features and underlying systems with projects spanning a few weeks to few quarters. Features will span all layers of the OS such as file system, memory, process, and networking, as well as Cloud and UX. Capabilities are built in a way that they will have some shared components across Windows, Linux, and macOS. The team operates under the agile development principles and ships frequently.
What You'll Need
- Ability to attract, develop, and grow top technical talent to continue building our technical leadership in the industry
- BS degree or equivalent in CS or a related Engineering field
- 1+ years of current experience in software engineering management
- 5+ years of prior experience in MacOS software development
- Experience delivering customer facing features through design, architecture, and development
- Understanding of OS concepts and major subsystems (CPU, filesystem, memory, networking)
- Experience in software development life cycle using both agile and waterfall methodology
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in cybersecurity, threat landscape, and platform security
- Experience in scalable, light-weight, and highly performant systems
- Experience in designing and building software with shared cross-platform code and deliverables (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Experience with systems software development
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to ship major features and releases
- Solid understanding of software development best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
PandoLogic.Category: Engineering, Keywords: Manager of Engineering