This is a Full-Time Perm role so only candidates who have no Visa restrictions will be considered at this time.
- Design, code, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality and operational needs.
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, Devops, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance.
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and make accurate estimates.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved.
- Work with team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- Focus on scalability, security, and availability of all applications and processes.
- Manage technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
- Motivate and educate team members on coding standards and best practices. both within the team and as part of the architecture group.
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience, with at least 3 years building Single Page Applications; Ruby on Rails and Angular is a MUST
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Some experience with Memcache and ElasticSearch is preferred
- Some experience with AWS products (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, ELB) is preferred
- Comfortable writing test suites and specs in our test-driven environment
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization across the stack
- Self-motivator with strong communication skills
- Lead experience is a huge plus