Mobalytics’ mission is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and be their best self. In two years we’ve achieved a lot, but there is so much we can accomplish with the right talent onboard. We need razor sharp, experienced, and responsible professionals who can help us grow and evolve from a small adventurous party into a disciplined raid team who can conquer any… development challenge.
We consider ourselves a gaming company even though we don’t make games because we work hand-in-hand with world-famous developers, because we love these games and are members of the communities that make them thrive. This is not for the faint of heart. Working in a startup is hard, unpredictable, and demanding. Only the most passionate people thrive. Your love for League of Legends and other video games, your expertise and craft, attention to detail, and your dedication to a great user experience will take you far with us. The team is distributed all over the world, but for this position we prefer that you to are close to the heart of our operations in Marina Del Rey (not mandatory, Legendary developers please still apply!).
As a Senior Engineer, you are the architect who will build the very foundation of our product. The code that you write will be the cornerstone for all the magic that players see when they get Mobalytics insights and data visualizations. We are focused on League of Legends right now, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about tools you could create for them, then you are definitely in the right place with us.
Our Tech Stack:
- Cloud-only infrastructure (GCP)
- Kubernetes on Google (GKE)
- Golang is our primary language
- PostgreSQL, Redis, and ScyllaDB are heavily used databases
- RabbitMQ and Google PubSub are heavily used message brokers
- gRPC for cross-service communication and GraphQL/WebSocket for the frontend
Your Technical Skill Set:
- Engineering experience 5+ years
- Golang experience 2+ years
- Cloud platform experience 2+ years
- Kubernetes experience
- SQL/NoSQL database experience
- Message brokers experience
- Binary data formats experience
- Different communication protocols experience
- High-load and scalable systems experience
- Proficiency in microservice architecture and design patterns
Your Personal Skill Set:
- You want to do a job that means something
- You want to make things that people will love
- You know by experience that soft skills are no less important than hard skills
- You know that Unit and Integration tests are necessary for good night sleep
- You are never keeping silent if the team chose the wrong path
- You have an “acceptable” level of English - we're not expecting Upper-Intermediate or requiring any certificates, but you must be able to communicate with the team
What we offer:
- Fully remote job - we're a remote company from day one. We figured out that being remote is cool 5 years ago before COVID made others learn it.
- Flexible working hours - except for scheduled meetings, we don’t have a working schedule or required amount of working hours. Mobalytics is not about time spent on achieving results but about results themselves.
- Home Office bonus after a trial period.
- Salary paid in USD, no matter where you are in the world.
- 14 vacation days + 2 more weeks of company-wide vacation in Dec-Jan.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful and intelligent products for passionate communities of gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best selves when playing with others around the world, and you should join us and help create that environment