Tremendous helps organizations pay people around the world.
There's a long list of use cases that payroll providers aren't equipped to handle–survey incentives, user research incentives, bug bounties, referral promotions, etc. Recipients are all over the world and want to get paid out instantly according to their own preferences…
The Tremendous platform and API lets organizations handle these one-off payments. We already work with 5,000+ organizations, including Google, Stripe, Atlassian, Pinterest, and process $100M+ / year in volume.
Tremendous is 50 people, highly profitable, and going through a scaling period. We're fully remote, with outstanding benefits and above-market compensation.
Tremendous is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a high performing team of engineers. You'll help build Tremendous' engineering culture, guiding product development and defining team process. You'll also work with product and design leaders to prioritize features and initiatives that continue to make Tremendous a delightful experience for our users.
More specifically, you will:
- Build and lead an outstanding (and fully distributed) team of engineers, identifying needs and resources for the team to grow as Tremendous scales
- Manage and create processes to help the team continue to perform at a high level
- Ensure technical quality is improving through code reviews, technical briefs, and architecture decisions
- Develop plans around onboarding new engineers, conducting 1:1s, and delivering thoughtful feedback
- 2+ years experience leading a team of engineers, as a manager or a Tech Lead.
- 3+ years experience as a senior or staff software engineer.
- Great technical judgment. You are consistently right on technical approaches, with well-reasoned arguments for why.
- Experience in Ruby / React. Tech stack knowledge is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills. You can write technical briefs and also respond to technical inquiries from our clients.
- Solid product intuition. You generally have a good sense of what to build and can articulate product initiatives to engineers on the team.
- High empathy. You care about your teammates and our users. You can put yourself in their shoes.
- A magnet for talent. Other engineers and teammates enjoy working with you.
Tremendous focuses on Payments, Incentives, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.tremendous.com or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn