Benzinga is the next big thing in the financial media space—a hub for traders and investors to get information they couldn't get anywhere else. We are an established startup from Detroit that's challenging the big players in financial media.
We need a senior lead engineer to supercharge our newswire offering and other financial products. The lead engineer will be responsible for overseeing the… implementation of major updates to Benzinga Pro and Benzinga.com, as well as API integration of data streams to major financial firms.
We are looking for engineers that have a passion to change the status quo. We need people who don't let challenges stand in the way of their goals.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience developing, architecting and proven leadership capabilities. Benzinga is a fast-paced environment and the candidate will have to think on their feet and take charge of a team. The candidate will understand the balance between writing great code and getting a quality product developed quickly.
The primary stack is Go on the backend (microservices) and React/HTML5 on the front-end. Other technologies include Kubernetes, PHP/Wordpress, NodeJS, RabbitMQ, MySQL/Postgresql, MongoDB
Entrepreneurial experience or previous work at startups a plus.
- Ability to get things done
- Ability to work with several teams / projects at one time
- Be a mentor to your team
- 2+ years experience in React, Redux or similar stack
- 5+ years experience with frontend technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Experience on a large projects a must
- Understanding when and why a monorepo is good
- Knowledge of financial markets and fintech is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, NodeJS, SQL (MySQL, Postgres), MongoDB is a plus