ICF seeks multiple Senior Full Stack Engineers (React/Node.js) who will work with a cross-functional team to build modern digital health services. This critical program involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with React that will be used by healthcare providers across the country. The system is backed by Node business services and implemented in a microservices… paradigm. Some of these services will be exposed for public consumption and some are used for enterprise integration; the system will support upwards of tens of thousands of concurrent users.
The project is implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses integrated human-centered design and quality assurance measures to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. Our mission is to help the government improve healthcare for patients and reduce costs. We value bringing individuals that are experts in their disciplines, highly communicative, and self-motivated to own their work. Technology and domain experts work side-by-side in highly dynamic teams that have all the roles necessary to deliver high-quality digital services. In addition, critical to our success is forming teams of highly diverse individuals passionate about making a difference.
Tools & Technology:
- Node.js, React
- Jest, Sinon, Enzyme
- New Relic, Splunk
- PostgreSQL, Redshift
- AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Git
- Some exposure to ECS, Fargate, EC2, EKS, RDS, SNS, SQS
- Solve complex engineering problems that contribute to improving healthcare quality
- Work on a small to medium-sized Agile team, but as part of a larger multi-team environment
- Work independently on tasks with the opportunity to get input from other engineers as needed
- Collaborate with other engineers to evaluate and identify solutions to complex problems
- Participate in peer reviews of pull requests and provide productive feedback to improve the quality of work
- Associates Degree with 7+ years of technical experience or BS with 5+ years of relevant technical experience or an MS and 3+ years of technical experience
- 3+ years of experience developing front-end web user interfaces with React
- Experience with designing RESTful backend microservices and developing them using Node.js
- Experience with build tools like webpack, npm, and gulp/grunt
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Sinon, and Enzyme
- Experience ensuring your code builds and deploys properly through Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes built in Jenkins
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools (i.e., JIRA/Confluence)
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Experience with database integration, relational (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with SASS/SCSS or css-in-js type approaches for stylesheets
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience as technical lead of a high performing Scrum team
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand complex systems and data both from the user perspective and technology perspective and independently investigate problems.
- Ability to work and coordinate with other developers using digital tools.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99