Software Development Engineer ( AWS/ Python or Go)
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier… communities.
Software Development Engineer (AWS/ Python or Go)
Full time - Remote - US
We are looking for software engineers to work on an extremely exciting project new to Change Healthcare. If you would like to participate in a green-field, AWS-based set of applications using microservice and serverless technology, this is the team for you. We will be building a strong, close-knit team that will work in a DevOps environment and will contain both strong API and UI components. We have a strong mentoring atmosphere and work in an agile environment with a high degree of cooperation
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Professional experience building web services in the cloud using a modern programming language such as Go, Python, Rust, or Java, etc.
- Professional experience with indexed data persistence such as Relational Databases (SQL) or NoSQL Data Stores.
- Knowledge in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle.
- Strong communication skills, business acumen and mindset.
- Committed to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization.
- Ability to plan, design, develop, and test software systems or applications.
- Ability to lead development of small projects and mentor junior team members of a product area.
- Ability to break down requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical risks, and create documentation.
- Can identify and manage technical debt, produce high-quality code as measured by established quality metrics, and demonstrate consistent unsupervised execution of established Dev Ops practices.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience using Flask/FastAPI (Python) or Gorilla (Go) to build RESTful web services a plus.
- Experience with X12 healthcare transactions such as Eligibility and Claims a plus.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data a plus.
We value ability and the person, not checkboxes on a resume. If you want to begin work every day, excited about learning and producing excellent work with a strong team, we are happy to talk to you.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
General office demands
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Flexible work environments
Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
Educational assistance programs
US 401(k) or Group RRSP (Canada) savings plans with matching employer contributions
Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
Learn more at
- Eligibility for some benefits may be limited or not available for part-time employees, be sure to speak with your Talent Advisor.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at .pdf .
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to applyaccommodations@ with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here %20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare's Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws