Love testing distributed systems…
Pachyderm is hiring a Software Development Engineer in Test to help us architect and build out the framework for testing the core product - a distributed version-controlled filesystem and data processing engine. You’ll be working on challenging distributed systems testing problems every day and helping us build a first-of-its-kind, containerized, data infrastructure platform.
Your primary focus will be to work on building the automation infrastructure, tools, and framework for testing the core product. In addition, you will help layout sustainable practices within engineering to continually raise the quality bar. At Pachyderm, OSS user and customer feedback is a major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand. In this role, you will be the customer voice within engineering. This is expected to be a development/automation focused role and some amount of manual testing. You will have a outsized impact in making your stakeholders (developers, customer team, and ultimately customers) successful and happy.
In this role, you will use Docker, Kubernetes, Go, Python, CI systems, various cloud providers, and more.
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain an automated testing framework, tools, and infrastructure
- Test the product for performance, resiliency, security, scalability, and reliability
- Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, code paths, and overall behavioral characteristics of the platform
- Own the performance and longevity benchmarks
- Analyze and understand existing test coverage and test cases, identifying opportunities for redesign, replacement, reusability, and improvement in efficiency and performance
- Define and inspire changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from tests and customer issues
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- Care about developer happiness and be a champion for our customers
- Go above and beyond to ensure customers are getting the most out of their investment in the Pachyderm platform
- Experience working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery development environment
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker automation
- Experience with automation in distributed systems
- Strong programming skills and experience (Go, Java, Python, C++)
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts.
- Professional experience in Databases and/or Distributed Systems
- BS in CS (or equivalent technical degree) and 5+ years of relevant work experience (QA/Automation/Development)
Pachyderm focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Cloud Infrastructure. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Remote. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Pachyderm has raised $28M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2020.
You can view their website at http://www.pachyderm.io or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn