At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your… future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a First Level Software Engineering Manager (Chief of Staff) to join the Boeing Global Services (BGS) Software Organization. This position will focus on supporting the BGS business organization.
The Chief of Staff (CoS) role is a key position in the BGS Software Engineering organization. The CoS is a member of the BGS Software Engineering leadership team, supporting the Director of BGS Software Engineering to ensure the Director's objectives and vision are understood, supported, and advanced. In this role, the CoS serves as a principal liaison with other senior software engineering stakeholders at all levels across the Boeing enterprise. The CoS will ensure the strategic execution and alignment of team priorities, be responsible for business performance; manage and monitor an organizational budget, and acquire resources for BGS software capability activities.
This role requires a resourceful, self-driven, outcome-oriented individual with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to partner, execute, communicate skillfully, and lead through influence and collaboration across the company while exercising mature judgment. The ideal candidate will have related software engineering/program management/business experience with exemplary senior-level advising, and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Drive performance, execution, and accountability of action items and top strategic priorities agreed upon by the Enterprise Software Leadership Team
- Lead BGS Software Engineering projects related to new goals, priorities
- Partner with Finance on Long Range Business Plan (LRBP) execution and program engagements such as organizational budget preparation and tracking
- Develop solutions to a variety of issues that require ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- Perform work with minimal direction and exercises latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Own and continuously improve BGS Software Engineering operating cadence (e.g. BGS Software Leadership meetings, leadership off-sites, Risk Reviews, Software Metric Reviews, PMR, Look-Ahead and strategy)
- Support the productivity of leadership meetings by owning the coordination, agendas, and driving subsequent actions related to strategic direction agreed upon by BGS Software Leadership Team
- Drive content within internal communications strategy including team emails, websites, newsletters and videos
- Foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position will require up to 25% travel.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study, in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in software engineering
- Experience with project management and the ability to self manage projects
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work successfully with diverse range of stakeholders, including various functional subject areas (HR, Finance, Communication) and to lead and influence across multiple levels of leadership and functions within a highly matrixed organization
- Experienced with financial data analysis
- Ability to formulate budgets and financial models
- High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity while working in time-sensitive and constantly evolving situations
- Exercises executive-level communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrate the art of writing concise and impactful emails, talking points, briefings, pre-read and presentation materials
- Tableau visualization tool or analytics dashboard development experience
- Experience as Chief of Staff to Senior Leaders
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
This position is eligible for a referral Bonus
Drug Free Workplace (US Specific):
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift (US Specific):
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $141,950 - $192,050
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law