At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your… future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager (Level K) to join the Bombers Software group located in Oklahoma City, OK. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
As a Software Engineering Manager (level K) you will provide strong technical leadership for our team of software engineers supporting the modernization and modification of the Bombers program. The successful candidate will ensure processes and procedures are being followed, provide career development coaching, suggest process improvement and otherwise engage in all aspects of software and people development.
- Manages employees performing engineering and technical activities in the area of Software Engineering
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Manages, develops and motivates employees
This Hybrid position allows telecommuting. This position will be hybrid with some number of days on site (eventually), and some approved virtual. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start).
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years combined software development, integration & test experience and/or mission systems experience
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership or management role
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading teams, ideally software teams
- Familiarity/Experience with Bombers products and processes
- Working knowledge of the Scale Agile Framework (SAFe) and Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Experience working as part of a modern software development environment and/or CI/CD pipeline is desired.
- Experience with real-time embedded multiprocessor programs and/or user interface development programs
- Typical education and experience described in our standard level guides are aligned to the type and number of years of experience/education required to perform the job in industry
- For management positions, our industry sources do not specify typical experience/education
Occasional travel may be required but would be less than 10%.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position would work 1st Shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Manager: 123,250.00 – 166,750.00
Eligible for 3ERP
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law