With our growing customer base and our expansion into new markets and use cases, we have more to build than ever at Affinity as we execute our vision to put relationship intelligence at every professional's fingertips.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be leading and scaling out a team that oversees the customer-facing features of the core Affinity CRM product. You will help… define the technical roadmap and implementation for the future of our product and guide the team to build scalable features and functionality end to end.
The core application engineering team has a wide breadth of responsibility at Affinity. They not only deliver end-to-end features for our CRM product but also work on core data models and build ways to performantly surface data to our customers. We are looking for an Engineering Manager that values career development, and mentorship and will support the team as we scale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Through cross-team collaboration, define the technical roadmap for the features and functionality that make up the Affinity CRM product.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire a team that owns applications that are critical to the success of our customers and our business.
- Own the delivery of a delightful, reliable user experience to our users around the world through rapid cycles of development and iteration.
- Lead SCRUM processes like daily standups, sprint plannings, demos and retrospectives.
- Drive complex technical, architecture, design, and product discussions.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to engineers on the team.
- Identify and fill gaps on the team, and create the processes necessary for the team’s success.
- Scale the team by hiring additional talented engineers to provide the necessary velocity to meet the team’s goals.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- You have 8+ years of experience working in a full-stack software engineering role, building scalable web applications with large volumes of data and rich visualizations.
- You have 3+ years in an engineering management role (direct reports), providing mentorship and coaching in a formal setting.
- Previous experience in managing high-performing engineering teams.
- You have experience working with complex SaaS platforms.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You take pride in delivering an exceptionally high-quality product in terms of the functionality you provide to consumers, as well as the platform’s overall performance and reliability.
- You are passionate about helping engineers at all levels develop new skills and advance their careers.
- You're excited to work collaboratively within engineering and across functional teams.
- You’re eager to contribute your ideas and experiences to help Affinity continuously improve as a product and company.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Ruby, React, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with CRM-type applications that deal with problems like entity resolution and designing data models to store lots of attributes across many entities.
- Experience building data-intensive applications.
Our platform is built with React and TypeScript on the front end, and with Ruby and PostgreSQL on the back end. Our infrastructure is hosted by AWS and runs on Kubernetes. To learn more about our tech, check out our Building Affinity blog.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential