At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The modern world runs on the internet, and the internet cannot exist without its… underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will drive all technical aspects of embedded platform software delivery, including requirements definition and refinement, design, estimation, implementation, unit and system-level testing, as well as deployment. The Core Product team is responsible for crafting and implementing features that improve the reliability, simplicity, security, and performance of our products. Our projects are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about. With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed.
As a Software Engineering Manager you will:
- Mentor junior engineers and encourage the professional growth of everyone on the team.
- Partner with Product Management and Product Engineering teams.
- Be responsible for growing the team, retaining talent, and providing technical direction and career development opportunities.
- Collaborate with engineers across product teams to architect features that delight our customers.
- Foster a culture of quality, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience on projects involving meaningful planning and coordination
- Expertise in modern C++
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work and collaborate across multiple product lines and hardware stacks
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in networking
- Experience with embedded systems development such as Yocto and buildroot
- Experience with BSPs, U-Boot, and Linux integration
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, GitLab, and Jenkins
- Experience managing agile projects and using agile methodologies such as scrum and/or kanban
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great teams come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Cisco Meraki focuses on Networking, Technology, IT Management, and Corporate IT. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, London, Sydney, and Tokyo. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Cisco Meraki has raised $80M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2012.
You can view their website at https://meraki.cisco.com/ or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn