Squarespace is looking for an Engineering Manager for the two Content Management teams within the Content Platform group. The Communication Platform team centralizes communication services and connect our products with our customers, and their site visitors with the right messages at the right time. The API & Developer Platform team allow partners and external developers sell Squarespace's… product and build tools and extensions on our platform. These platforms are used by most product teams at Squarespace making this a high impact and high visibility role. You will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Content Platform.
This is a NY based role and we offer a flexible WFH policy. Looking for candidates either based in the NY area or open to relocating.
You'll Get To…
- Work with the product manager, team leads and engineers to create a vision and execution strategy for the future of communication, API and Developer platforms at Squarespace
- Partner with other leaders to influence product, architectural and organizational choices
- Grow team leads and engineers through coaching, mentoring and feedback
- Build a healthy and inclusive culture within your teams which encourages everyone to contribute
Who We're Looking For
- Are passionate about creating platforms that solve problems at scale and serve multiple Squarespace products
- Have experience managing multiple teams and team leads.
- Believe in the philosophy that platform teams are really product teams with internal users
- Are known for your communication skills and collaborating well with technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Are good at service oriented architecture design and best practices
- Must be comfortable discussing architectural details with a very technical team
- Have 6+ years of backend programming experience in Java
- Have 3+ years of prior engineering management experience
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $148,000 - $334,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace