Futurewei focuses research on advanced information and communications technology (ICT) domains that will benefit an intelligent and digital society. By focusing on open innovation beyond traditional ICT industry, we aim to advance these technologies into real world solutions through standardization, open-source collaboration and partnering with industrial ecosystems.
We are looking for a Rust… Compiler Sr. Staff Engineer with expertise in the areas of compiler, execution engine, and toolchain for programming languages, experience with Rust language is highly preferred. You will work on the cutting-edge technologies of latest programming systems and architectures. You have the opportunities collaborating with academia, open-source community, and industry partners.
- Perform benchmarking test, performance analysis and improvement of compilers and toolchains with open-source development communities
- Perform software development to implement/enhance/debug features of compilers, libraries and applications
- Write architecture, design and implementation documents, and project progress reports
- 8+ years software development experience
- Thorough understanding of compilers and related tool chains
- Solid programming skills in Rust and/or C, C++, assembly language
- Solid skills on performance analysis and performance improvement
- Motivated and effective in acquiring new knowledge
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Proven track record of significant open-source contributions, especially in Rust related communities is preferred
- MS/PhD or equivalent in computer science or EE preferred
Futurewei Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status under federal, state, and local laws.
All new hires will be required as a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date. If you have any questions or need an accommodation for this requirement due to a disability or religious reason, you may speak to our HR Department for further information