It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business…
The Cloudmark division delivers the market-leading messaging security platform for Tier 1 service providers. Our solutions analyze over twenty billion emails a day, keeping scams and malware out of inboxes while protecting end-user privacy. Filtering traffic at this volume empowers us to collect and analyze mountains of data on connecting IPs, URLs, and data fingerprints.
Now part of the Proofpoint family, we’re setting our sights on the next generation of the solution that made Cloudmark the name the biggest service providers trust.
We’re looking for an experienced Staff Software Developer to play a key role evolving the Cloudmark backend systems into the linchpin of this next-gen solution.
- Passionate about stopping Internet malefactors
- A resourceful and creative problem solver
- Motivated to learn new technologies and immediately apply them to your work
This job is ideal for you.
- Design and implement services to analyze and distribute data on backend systems
- Architect high-throughput, low-latency designs for scalability, efficiency, and reliability
- Collaborate with frontline and operations engineers to respond to emerging threats
- Develop strategies to address long-term message abuse trends
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams on efficacy, technical strategy and product roadmap
- Create new solutions using Golang
What you bring to the team
- 10+ or more years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related technical field or equivalent technical experience.
- Understanding and experience with data structures and algorithms, as well as their run-time complexities
- Demonstrated ability to optimize throughput, latency, and memory use
- Strong coding skills, preferably in Golang, as well as Python
- Performant with Linux command-line toolset (grep, sed, awk, bash, etc.) and regular expressions
- Strong command of common Internet protocols including SMTP, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, etc.
- Experience with AWS or GCP desired
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred), distributed document stores (Elastic, Couchbase) and/or columnar databases such as Google BigQuery a plus
- Experience in telephony or messaging abuse a plus
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
If you are a Colorado Resident:
Proofpoint carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary.
The hiring range for this position is typically:
153,750.00 - 205,000.00 USD
Actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position.
Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://pfptbenefits.com.
This statement is being provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay and Benefit Disclosure requirements of sb19-968.
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability