There are no Third Party OR C2C Options available.
We are looking for a Sr. Cloud Systems Engineer to help design, develop, implement, and configure cloud system administration environments and tools to support an ongoing project for the Department of Veterans Affairs…
You will Implement security controls and security features to support and address cybersecurity challenges in PaaS and IaaS environments. Apply consulting and technical expertise and full industry knowledge, of VA cloud solution tailoring. Develop or support innovative solutions to complex problems. Define, communicate, and implement cloud architecture and administration processes for VA platforms. Apply technical expertise and industry knowledge to programs and projects. Work with minimal supervision within established procedures and practices and serve as informal lead or mentor to junior team members.
This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., including the District of Columbia.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or technical equivalent is required with 10 years of professional experience OR a total of 18 in lieu of education.
- 5+ years of experience with configuring cloud administrative environments and tools
- 3+ years of experience mentoring and leading other cloud system administrators
- Experience with defining secure-based cloud architecture while adhering to development methodologies, engineering, and cloud standards
- Experience with providing detailed guidance to engineering team members in creating administrative processes and procedures
- Experience with performing operational and day-to-day administrative support functions including troubleshooting issues and supporting change and problem management processes
- Experience with developing, deploying, and troubleshooting IAC environments using Hashicorp Terraform
- Experience working within multiple Cloud Service Providers (AWS GovCloud, AWS Commercial, and Azure)
- Ability to support cybersecurity team in conducting security analysis and assessment of current processes and platforms, and can generate ad-hoc reports and guidance for team members or management
- Ability to design solutions and recommend the most suitable design packages to improve current administrative security levels and performance
- Experience with supporting engineering applications in a cloud environment
- Knowledge to track, mitigate, and remediate software and hardware vulnerabilities with the cybersecurity team
- Ability to manage resources, including Virtual Machines, Virtual Desktop, Lighthouse, Active Directory, and other network resources in a Cloud environment with Azure preferred
- Ability to demonstrate the leadership behaviors to effectively communicate, coordinate, collaborate, and work in a visible and proactive manner across boundaries to deliver positive results
Take2 is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status