What you'll do…
About the Team
The core focus of Walmart Health is to develop and implement new innovative software solutions for our customers, associates, and care centers, which scale significantly with business demand and enhance Walmart's cloud platforms.
Our team of software engineers are creating new experiences for customers to easily access Walmart healthcare services with daily deployments of +100,000 lines of code, working on private, public and hybrid clouds, and so much more. Join the team re-engineering the way the world shops for healthcare services.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have responsibilities of technical leadership in design, development, deployment, and operation of a Walmart's healthcare ecosystem for our customers and our associates. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for software/system development, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion for innovation, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team - then our Staff Software Engineer position could be for you. The ideal candidate will be a team builder with a strong understanding of technology standards as well as a passion for ensuring our customers and associates have the best experience with the world's largest retailer.
You'll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a storyteller, visionary and innovator
- You are passionate, driven and humble in your approach
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You thrive on both leveraging and leading the way
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
You'll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure customer experience is at the forefront of all we do
- Partnering with other teams to ensure consistent behavior and align responsibilities.
- Developing and enhancing products - you will support implementation of product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA a huge plus!
- 8+ years in software development, emerging technologies, integration, and data management.
- Two + years' experience leading a team of high performing software engineers.
- Strong Software Engineering background is preferred.
- Platform experience is highly desirable.
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America