Zoox is building the world's most advanced self-driving hardware and software solution. The efficiency demands of such a system require an expert fine tuning of both the compute hardware architecture as well as the algorithms and middleware that run on it to achieve maximum throughput at the most optimal power levels.
The Core Performance team's mission is to analyze, optimize and provide… guidance to the software and hardware teams in order to meet the required specifications. As the Core Performance team leader, you will be responsible to strengthen the team and drive a culture of performant software and hardware into the organization. You and your team will achieve this goal by the establishment of a data driven approach by means of infrastructure, benchmarks, profiling protocols.
- Lead and grow a team of software engineers focused on system performance (CPU, GPU, latency, memory).
- Provide guidance on building tools, processes, benchmarks and best practice guides to evaluate performance and write efficient code.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Core organization to develop frameworks that enable by default efficient code development.
- Define performance budgets, and work with other software groups in the organization to meet those budgets.
- Participate in optimizing the design and architecture of next-gen hardware architecture, taking into consideration the software performance needs.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Experience leading 5-10+ software engineers
- Experience taking ideas from inception to delivery
- Experience with system design & architecture of complex software systems
- Practical experience on system performance analysis, profiling, benchmarking and code optimization of complex multiprocess systems (e.g. game engines, robotic systems)
- Strong knowledge of C++ and experience in large code bases
- Strong knowledge in linear algebra; 3D geometry and/or dynamical systems and control
- Robotics, Automotive or Aerospace software experience
- Strong current knowledge on parallel computation on GPUs (CUDA preferred)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $210,000 to $300,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant's ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We're looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills