Who We Are…
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials, U.S.A., Inc., is a global leader in chemical solutions which enable the semiconductor industry and the digital universe. We have an exciting opportunity at our Mesa, Arizona facility for a Capital and Engineering Manager!
With state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe, Taiwan, China, Korea and Japan, local sales offices throughout the world and on-site applications support, FUJIFILM Electronic Materials supplies the world's top tier semiconductor manufacturers with a broad array of products and services used throughout the semiconductor manufacturing process.
The purpose of the Capital and Engineering Manager is to provide Capital and Project oversite for the Mesa facility, managing the Mesa capital program, adhering to all laws (PSM/RMP), supporting the Mesa safety, environmental, and quality systems, supporting business requests for information and new product development.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering department
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
- Manage Capital Approval Process
- Monitors progress against project schedules and budgets; recommends allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals
- Responsible for assisting in interviewing, hiring and training employees
- Oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
- Develops evaluation criteria that will serve to measure progress and effectiveness of departmental operations
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements
��� Coordinates all customer and internal engineering changes
- Monthly reporting of departmental metrics
- Follow-up on permanent corrective action plans to resolve any outstanding issues related to quality, production, equipment, tooling, customers, and production controls
- Coordinate all engineering changes and approvals to meet customer deadlines
- Evaluate and approve all equipment required for programs
- Liaise with vendors for plant projects and equipment purchases for projects
- Reviews corporate quotes for new programs
- Promote and enforce a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with applicable legislation and company policies and procedures
- Drive continuous improvement of processes, quality and cost to maintain profitability and competitiveness
- Submits and controls the capital spending for the Formulated Products, TFS and CMP area via budgeting and current estimating
- Member of the Management of Change Control Board which approves all change proposals
- Member of the Material Review Board which approves all requests for material disposition
- Review and approve all procedure changes for the Mesa facility
- Approving all purchase requisitions submitted by department personnel
- Approving all submitted invoices from accounting
- Support Mesa Environmental, Safety and Health and Quality systems as required through audits and improvement programs
- BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or related Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 10 years Engineering Management experience in a high-volume manufacturing setting
- Minimum of 5 years Chemical Manufacturing Plant experience
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills for Microsoft Office applications and Office Suite 365
- Preferred working knowledge of SAP
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills required with the ability to interact professionally with all levels in the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow up and follow through on projects
MENTAL & EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Resilience - Adapting well in the face of workplace stressors, the ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations, the ability to remain poised under all circumstances, the ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Communication - The ability to successfully and professionally express and exchange ideas and meanings with all levels of employees in the organization, the ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including customers/clients, the ability to work as an integral part of a team, ability to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust.
- Reasoning and decision-making - The ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions, the ability to reason logically and make sound decisions.
- Comprehension - The ability to complete tasks without direct supervision, the ability to simultaneously address multiple complete problems.
- Organizational skills - Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, the ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and interruptions, the ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines or productivity quotas.
FUJIFILM Electronics Materials, U.S.A., Inc., is part of the Fujifilm family - a company that has been evolving and transforming for more than 85 years. Fujifilm is focused on four strategic business areas: Advanced materials, including electronic materials for semiconductor manufacturing; Imaging; Healthcare; and products and services to support Business Innovation. As a global company, Fujifilm has revenues of $21 billion, with 310 group companies and 73,275 employees worldwide.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials, U.S.A., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Fujifilm, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid