You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back. At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to… back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
About American Express Enterprise CI/CD
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace join our transformation team. You will join a team of rock star engineers that will deliver the next generation of automation tooling and collaboration software.
This automation tooling will support CI/CD within American Express across all platforms. You will work across a wide range of tools and use an even wider range or technologies to deliver world class solutions. The innovations you create will handle the gathering of analytic data across American Express and enable teams to measure end to end product delivery time and create self-service dashboards and reporting. You will create custom solutions using the latest open source technologies to serve our customers within American Express. We will wear many hats; we will work fast and smart and adapt and iterate quickly. Some of the things you will be doing are:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Opportunity to work on solutions to enable Cloud Native Engineering
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field followed by 4 years of experience in a modern development stack (Java, Python, or Golang).
- Experience in application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL, MongoDb, Couchbase, or Cassandra is a plus.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience with collaboration tools (GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, etc.) & BI Tools like Elk.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, GitHub Actions) a plus.
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks a plus.
- Aptitude for learning and applying new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes, a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Willing to take risks, experiment, and share fresh perspectives
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external teams
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law