ENGINEERING MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY
The Engineering Manager will serve as a key member of the leadership team as they plan for continued growth. Our client is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager who is knowledgeable and skilled in the practical use of both mechanical and electrical engineering practices. The ideal candidate will be capable of designing the mechanical aspects of locking… devices and working with both PLC-based controls and relay control systems. S/he will oversee a team of Engineers, guiding training initiatives and ensuring projects are completed with a quality-first mindset. The Engineering Manager will be an innovative and hands-on individual who can serve as a change agent for this growing organization.
- Lead the development and refinement of designs for electro-mechanical locking devices and control panels.
- Evaluate existing operations and drive an overall streamlined design processes.
- Drive process and product improvements through collaboration with customers, the production team, and key leaders.
- Manage the submittal process.
- Serve as a hands-on leader, oversee the work of the current engineering team, and drive all training initiatives.
- Manage supplier relationships and oversee the purchasing of materials.
- Provide quality control inspections and support to products being fabricated both in-house and out-of-house.
- Support all field installation operations.
- As required, travel to Jails & Prisons throughout the US to examine locking devices/electrical control panels and design detailed plans to replace or upgrade them.
- Assist the Sales team with defining project scopes and preparation of cost estimates, and occasionally assist in technical discussions with potential customers.
- Monitor and manage projects with a quality-first mindset, while ensuring timely completion within budget.
- Contribute to the research and development of new product features and controls.
- Analyze and document product requirements, support & collaborate with the business team, and ensure legal compliance with state, federal and OSHA requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree with a minimum 7 years of experience is desired.
- Proven design and troubleshooting experience with electro-mechanical systems.
- Must have experience using motors, relays, capacitors, and switches.
- CAD experience with a good understanding and of 2D and 3D modeling.
- Leadership and supervisory skills and experience desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, hands-on leader