As our Material Handler, you will work in our plant to pick orders. We can’t ship without you. Every day you will work alongside a hardworking and fast-paced team to select orders from the warehouse floor and place them on the correct pallet. To thrive you must be prepared to lift packages of 50 pounds repeatedly and always think safety first. You’ll be someone your team can rely… on to make sure our orders are right before they’re in route to our customers.
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn't particularly set out to invent rust preventive paint. He just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
Founded in 1921, the same passion that drove the Captain to create the world’s first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we’ve perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2,000 people across every corner of the world help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
Here Is What To Expect
- Picking, packing, and processing orders accurately.
- Processing normal, discrete, ASN, UPS, export, and other special requirement orders.
- Operating forklifts, Raymond trucks, and comparable equipment.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Operating departmental computers within an order-processing function.
- Actively participating in Quality Improvement Process.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area throughout the warehouse and shipping areas.
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
- 1-3 years of related experience in an equivalent role.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work above average overtime and flexible hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to conform to specific customer requirements and process paperwork.
- Aptitude with SAP/WMS System, PC skills, as well as ISO-9001 requirements.
- Appropriate forklift and Raymond operating skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly for extended periods.
Additional Consideration Given To Those With
- Previous shipping/traffic and material handling experience.
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience