Are you looking for a role where you can use your knowledge of Python Development to make a difference in the automotive industry? Would you like to work for a company that provides an innovative work environment, flexible schedules, and ongoing professional development?
Who we are:
LER TechForce, an LHP affiliate, previously LHP Engineering Resources is an industry leader in embedded controls, software, functional safety, and engineering IT talent. For over 20 years LER has been working with customers across North America to meet their engineering resource challenges.
We have a position for an embedded software engineer who has significant experience with Python software development. This position will use Python software to create a system to construct the software configuration of the various packages that constitute a software build within an AutoSAR software environment.
Job Location : Local to Columbus, IN area and capable to travel into building depending on project needs, approximately 2 days in the office weekly. Remote work will be considered for qualified individuals.
What you will be doing:
- Gathering the voice of the customers and creating requirements to gather software AutoSAR packages involved in a software build
- Design Conan packages
- Conduct reviews of the design
- Implement the design using Python and Jfrog Conan software package manager
- Work closely with software and system engineers to develop software.
- Software level testing and validation testing
- Assure all engineering technical data is complete and accurately documented, establish, and maintain technical files per the engineering processes, be cognizant of applicable certifications and product requirements.
- Thoroughly document work performed via DCR system evaluations, and necessary technical reports.
- Create and update SRSs (Software Requirements Specification
- Support Problem Report/Change Requests from other team members and different teams
- Prepare and give technical presentations on the completed system
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Electronics OR controls software background
- Knowledge of embedded software build environment and C coding
- Familiar with object-oriented principles
- Familiar with Jfrog Conan package manager
- Good communicator – written and verbal
- Great collaborator
What you'll need to be successful:
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines.
- 2+ years of Python experience.
- Jfrog Conan training available if unfamiliar
What you'll get:
- Full benefits: medical, dental, 401K match
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Flexible Hybrid schedule
- The opportunity to work on industry leading projects