At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your… future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join the AvionX software organization. The organization performs full life cycle real-time software development for avionics systems such as those designed for communication systems, information systems and other core avionics.
This position is located in Long Beach, CA.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. Here, you'll work alongside more than 170,000 exceptional people focused on bringing great products and services to market. Located in more than 70 countries, Boeing is comprised of one of the most diverse, talented, and innovative workforces you will find anywhere. Their expertise and knowledge represent virtually every business and technical field. By building a career at Boeing, you'll have the opportunity to grow your skills, create relationships around the world and help shape the future of aerospace.
This role is for a dynamic, innovative, customer-focused leader responsible for a team of software engineers executing on AvionX projects.
- Manages employees performing engineering and technical activities in the area of Software Engineering
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Manages, develops and motivates employees
- Provides execution oversight of software development efforts for designated projects/programs/initiatives to ensure technical integrity and engineering excellence
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience with full software development life cycle
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing projects and/or teams
- 3+ years of experience with Agile software development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience developing highly critical avionics software utilizing processes compliant to DO178C
- Experience with real-time embedded multiprocessor programs
- Experience with commercial Flight Management Systems or Military Aircraft Mission Computers
- Experience with DevSecOps / Continuous Integration (CI)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
Shift Work Statement:
This position is 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law