Sr. Ruby Back-End Developer
Our client based in Alpharetta is looking for a highly energetic Sr. Ruby Back-End Developer to join a strong team in a highly dynamic work environment while with scrum and agile methodologies. Be prepared to work in a company that has had extreme growth and partnership with companies such as Amazon, Home Depot, Apple, T-Mobile, and others…
Role Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Introducing new technologies/foundation into the companies platform
- Conducting design reviews for most designs and for all key/complex designs
- Driving for highest coding standards and conventions
- Conducting code reviews, TDD, Unit testing
- Contribution and alignment of the LPA common components and infrastructure
- Inspire the team on technical topics, standards, and abilities
- Understand Ruby and have 5+ years of experience with Rails
- Have a decisive analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understand TDD and that tests are important
- Understand the best GIT procedures and are willing to use them without hesitation
- Capable of using node.js and rust sub service
- Know the usefulness of Kafka, RabbitMQ, Elixir, and Phoenix
- Have a decent understanding and practical knowledge of Domain Driven concept and PostgreSQL respectively
- Should be capable of extending object-oriented programming
- Understand how Redis and Memcached scales operate and how to apply best parts of functional programming into Ruby application
- Understand API requirement for distributed services and should be capable of introducing best practices for designing RESTful API
- 24 days of PTO.
- Free food on Fridays.
- Arcade games, ping-pong, foosball with fun company competitions.
- 401k match up to $6k first year and doubles every year.
- Employee Stock discounts.
- 8-10% Bonus.
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage.
- Market Salary Expectation: $90-$95K