AI Engineer—ABA Tech
Fort Lauderdale, FL…
About ABA Tech
ABA Tech is a hyper-growth tech startup focused on innovative solutions for healthcare with a focus on ABA therapy for autism. As early adopters of AI in the autism services field, our roadmap includes leveraging AI in essential areas of a clinical setting, including analysis of EHR (Electronic Health Records), client scheduling, diagnostic assessment support, treatment-plan building and standardization, and other data-based functions to enhance clinical decision-making.
Our clinical partner is an industry-leading, fast-growing ABA therapy provider with an “AI-First” culture on its way to providing autism care in more than 50 clinical service areas over the next 12-24 months. ABA Tech’s team of more than 250 engineers, IT programmers, and AI experts is dedicated to transforming the way healthcare services are delivered.
As an AI Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining artificial intelligence (AI) systems and technologies. You are the model builder! You will work with a team of data scientists, software engineers and other stakeholders to design, build, and deploy AI solutions that address specific business needs.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate within your team to understand business requirements and develop AI solutions for a specific department in the organization. You will be an expert in your department.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms, models, and systems.
- Develop and deploy AI applications, including data pre-processing, feature selection and model training.
- Test and evaluate AI models for applicability and accuracy.
- Troubleshoot and debug AI models and systems.
- Ensure compliance with data privacy, healthcare and security regulations throughout the development process.
- Participate in code reviews, knowledge sharing, and continuous learning activities to improve AI engineering practices within the organization.
- Conduct research and stay updated on the latest AI techniques, tools, and frameworks.
Education, Work-Experience, and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or a related field. Strong academic background in AI is preferred.
- 5 years of proven experience in AI initiatives and projects in a corporate environment.
- Ability to regularly travel to HQ in Colombia.
- Spanish language capability is a plus.
- Solid understanding of machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling, and data structures.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++, along with experience in using AI libraries and frameworks.
- Experience in developing and deploying AI models in applications
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and distributed computing frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of natural language processing (NLP), computer vision, LLM, and deep learning.
- Strong business acumen and ability to align AI strategies with organizational objectives.
- Understanding of how changing regulatory (healthcare and general) requirements affect developing AI initiatives.
- Understanding of data governance, privacy, and security best practices.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex AI concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with AI regulations and ethical considerations.
- Continuous-learning mindset to stay updated with advancements in AI and potential business applications.
- Passion for using technology to make a difference.
- 15 days of paid time off (more added with tenure)
- 100% company-paid medical insurance plan option
- Dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching up to 6%
ABA Tech Culture
ABA Tech isn’t your typical startup. Because of our experience with other successful healthcare operations, we have the resources and talent usually found at a more mature company. All our decisions are data-informed, mission-driven, and client-centric. We’re building something special here because changing people’s lives is in our company's DNA