Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That's why we're focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with lifechanging products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We're revolutionizing the
way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Interested in applying your wealth of technical knowledge and experience towards an opportunity in the medical field where you can improve the lives of people with diabetes?
Candidates in this role will be able to take defined designs and turn them into secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects. They will be a part of a talented group of software engineers building the critical components that make up the next iteration of Abbott's flag ship FreeStyle Libre diabetes management system. The candidate should bring a passion for software engineering and a desire for continuous learning with the ability to demonstrate a high level of expertise in the React Native framework. The successful candidate will provide hands-on technical expertise within agile scrum teams as they are building mobile applications using React Native.
What You'll Work On
- Write modular, maintainable, well-tested, and documented code within a large scale highly regulated React Native application.
- Design, develop, and maintain reusable components and services that can be shared between multiple code bases.
- Craft UI components that take globalization/localization into account and can grow and scale appropriately.
- Work to resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- Engage in technical planning, design, estimation, and code reviews including peer review of pull request.
- Stay up to date with current best practices, standards, and open-source frameworks, making recommendations as needed to help the organization innovate.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of React Native
- 5+ years of professional level mobile or hybrid mobile app development
- In-depth knowledge bridging iOS and Android native layers
- Experience developing custom native components
- Familiar with React Native's new architecture and the JSI
- Experience writing Typescript with React
- Experience with Native iOS or Android
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with at least one of the following: Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin, or Java
- Understanding of build configuration and deployment tools
- Understanding of security and performance considerations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Familiar with Git
Apply Now *
Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
The base pay for this position is $80,700.00 - $161,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted