Consider joining our growing team at Accessory Power. We manufacture several brands of consumer electronic tech accessories: GOgroove® | ENHANCE® | ReVIVE® | USA Gear® along with a handful of other lines and various accessory products. We’re growing! Become a vital member of our team and our growth.
The Junior Software Developer, using their skills in advanced problem solving and technical programming, works as a key part of our growing department and in cooperation with the Art Department, Operations, and eCommerce teams to aid in the creation and ongoing development of in-house software and web applications which improve our growing and evolving business operations. A successful candidate will be a critical thinker, a professionally kind collaborator, and proven problem solver who works well in teams and under pressure with often competing deadlines. This is an opportunity for a junior programmer to apply their existing .NET C#, SQL/Database, and web development skills in an Agile, small and entrepenurial team environment.
- Analyze business problems and help to design technical software solutions to those problems.
- Help to build custom software applications and web applications which may interact with order systems, customer service systems, inventory systems, and/or shipping systems.
- Help to identify and resolve bugs occurring in software and web applications.
- Analyze current software solutions and build enhancements to improve those solutions.
- Education: BA/BS in Computer Science or related field of study.
- A minimum of 2 years of job-related software development experience.
- Verifiable English language and writing skills.
- A deep desire to resolve complex problems with creative and organized technical solutions.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows services, web services, SOAP, or XML file exchange.
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Proficiency working within and manipulating MS SQL, MySQL, or Firebird databases.
- Must be able to understand and help generate written documentation for software solutions.
- Experience with software collaboration, project management, or other digital organizational tools.
- GIT experience in code collaboration.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Extremely organized, have an obsessive attention to detail, and a thirst to multi task.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Pay range: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour.
This is a full-time position that reports daily to our Westlake Village, CA headquarters.
Our staff works hard and plays hard too. We sponsor many fun activities such as on-site massage treatments, evening softball and basketball leagues, company outings and events, quarterly department lunches, and even on-site yoga classes.
Accessory Power full time employees are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package including: Vacation, Paid Holidays, PPO and HMO Medical Plans, Free Dental Insurance & Vision Coverage, employee discounts, and a 401(k) Retirement Plan + employer match.
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated