Join our team as our Software Engineering Manager to oversee the development and quality of our digital learning platform to enhance and support math print programs and to improve and automate production workflows throughout the company. In addition, manage engineers and developers throughout the development process to ensure all components are completed on time, on budget, in alignment with… original product vision and meet high standards of quality.
Your Work Will Include
- Works with management and product owners to shape and finalize release planning for digital products.
- Responsible for ensuring that team members and third-party vendors receive and work from product specifications and requirements and evaluate work based on those specs.
- Research and recommend improvements for the long-term sustainability and performance of digital products.
Ensuring Product Success:
- Responsible for software development by team members and, as necessary, do hands-on development work.
- Ultimately shares responsibility with the Vice President - Technology for the overall quality of products in the marketplace and internally.
- Leads a team of developers, testers, and other technical team members, including setting expectations and measuring success, supporting individual and team growth, and ensuring team best practices are followed.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
A Qualified Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering.
- 3-5 years of staff management required, especially software engineering teams.
- Minimum 5 years in programming or software development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and availability at any time required to attend to “living” digital products.
- Willing and able to travel when necessary.
- Understanding the processes for budgeting, project approval, and production strongly preferred.
All Our Team Members:
- Possess exceptional listening, writing, and presentation skills
- Are resourceful and motivated to ask questions and solve problems
- Manage their time effectively
- Demonstrate commitment to product success with integrity, a strong work ethic,
- professionalism, and a team-oriented attitude